Monday, April 7, 2008

Poetry Month

Just realized April is poetry month, which is just the thing to inspire another monthlong writing blitz. The folks who put on the novel write in November also do a scriptfrenzy in April, but I don't have much interest in that. Instead I'll observe a little of both and read and write a poem a day for the rest of the month, plus, along the way, 7 extras to make up for lost first week. (It now being the 7th.) I shan't be posting them, likely, but I'll post about the writing and perhaps let you know if I run across any especially delicious ones in my reading. Off I go to catch up...

PS: I found myself tempted to entitle this post it "poitry," which is how my fifth grade teacher pronounced the word, and we her students then did for the next, I don't know, 17 years, any time it came up in conversation when we were together. Pity the teacher who says something a little off. Even once.

No comments: